The SFB1381 undertakes various measures to promote equal opportunity for women and men.
In order to foster the career of young female researchers, the SFB 1381 offers
- individual coaching for female junior researchers,
- workshops on presentation, voice training, gender sensitization etc.,
- regularly meetings within the SFB in order to share experiences and give hints,
- personal consultation at annual retreat and on-demand.
The SFB 1381 also offers different measures to improve the compatibility of family and academic career:
- Individual childcare solutions on evenings and weekends as well as during conferences organized by the SFB 1381
- Babysitting/childcare during conferences, holidays of childcare facilities and sick leave
- Family-friendly scheduling of meetings and seminars
- Box with toys for children in order to bridge childcare gaps
- Student assistants who support parents and those caring for family members