organized by SFB 1381 PI Nils Wiedemann and Postdoc Jon Busto
We offer a small workshop on the use of Blue Native PolyAcrylamide Gel Electrophoresis (BN-PAGE) for the analysis of membrane protein complexes. The course will be given in person and is open to SFB 1381 members willing to apply BN-PAGE for their own research projects. During the course we will provide details on how to set up and run Blue Native gels using the example of the analysis of yeast mitochondrial respiratory chain complexes and subcomplexes.
The workshop takes place in the Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology on the third floor.
September 29th: 9 am – 5 pm
- General introduction
- Casting of blue native-polyacrylamide gels (BN-PAGE)
- Sample preparation/solubilization (choosing the right detergent)
- Running of BN-PAGE gels
- Principles of BN-PAGE analysis of protein complexes
- Western Blotting of Blue Native gels
September 30th: 9 am – 1 pm
- Immunodecoration of Western blots
- Results discussion
- Q&A and final remarks
Please note that the number of participants is limited. If you are interested in participating, please send an email for registration to firstname.lastname@example.org until September 7th, 2022.