The online workshop “Scientific Posters: Design and Pitching” with Dr. Karin Bodewits from NaturalScience.Careers, organized by SFB 1381, will be taking place
- Monday, 09.05.2022,
- Wednesday, 11.05.2022
- and Friday, 13.05.2022
Each day from 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm, online via Zoom
Both phd students and Postdocs may participate.
Contents: An effective poster presentation requires a cleverly designed poster, an appropriate use of language and special techniques in presenting. This course will give you the skills you need to create professional, attractive and high-impact posters and give you the opportunity to practice the communication skills needed to make your research interesting and accessible for your audience.
In this course you´ll learn more about:
• Your audience and their needs
• Crafting the ‘story’ of your poster
• Design posters – structures, layout, software, colours, lures, visual impact and best/ worst-practice examples
• Graphical abstracts
• How to present your data
• How to write an engaging abstract
• Dialogues & Q&A sessions
• The communication skills needed to make your research interesting and accessible for your audience
• Basic self-presentation skills – presenting yourself, your research and the poster
If you are interested in participating, please send an email for registration to firstname.lastname@example.org until April 29th, 2022 at 12:00 pm.