SFB 1381 PhD students and Postdocs have the opportunity to participate in two workshops organized by SFB 1160 and RTG 2344.
1) Online-Seminar Leadership Skills–Essentials for your first Leading Position for PhD students and Postdocs
Trainer: Dr. Matthias Mayer, young scientists’academy Berlin
The workshop takes place on November 7th and 9th, 2022 (both days 09:00-17:30).
- You have a clear understanding of what is important to lead
- You know about different styles of leading and when to use which approach
- You know about personality types and how to build a team
- You know what you can improve or change to become a good leader5.You create an individual activity list for specific next steps
If you are interested in participating, please send an email to email@example.com until 31.10.2022.
2) In-person workshop Make yourself heard: The Power of Presence in Presentations for PhD students
Trainer: Francesca Carlin, www.francescacarlin.com
The workshop takes place on November 10th and 11th, 2022.
Covered Topics in the Workshop:
- Body language
- Power poses
- Facial expressions – Gestures
Voice and Speech (Verbal Delivery)
- Enunciation and Pronunciation
- Use of pauses and silence
Presence and Power
- The factors that make up presence
- Emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Being present in the moment (Awareness)
- Creation of authentic individual presence
If you are interested in participating, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15.10.2022.